Pages

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Getting ready...



Tomorrow I'll be flyin into Texas to meet Captain Rob and be introduced to the mighty Shibumi, my home for the next few weeks. I have had about a month to think about this trip now and I find myself about ready. There has been some interesting events in my life recently leading up to this departure. I'm not gonna touch any details but it seems God wants me going with some people and bits to think about. 

I am bringing along some books that will hopefully wisen me up some as I am sure they hold some significant value to the adventure, one of which is Donald Miller's A Million miles in a Thousand Years. I look forward to starting this one most as soon as I finish C.S. Lewis's Surprised by Joy. Reading is such an awesome thing. I also have a theme song I plan to use, a French song. Ask my roommate, John Taylor if you want to know about that. 

Worries are out of the question now as I have found it is better to expect to be surprised than utterly disappointed. I think Sondre Lerche taught me that one and so far it helps. I was thinking about "death at sea" the other day and although I don't prefer it at the moment, I have come across discovering that it would not be so terrible I guess. I mean, what a way to go, right? It just sounds so intense, disappearing in the waves and all. Anyway thats just a bit of mind rambling. If you decide to read or view any of these posts, please keep me in your prayers. It will be thoroughly appreciated and I promise to keep you entertained. I hope and pray that I will find myself completely challenged in some way this summer. I want this time to mean something. I want to grow. I want to find myself closer to God at the end or at least witness it. 




2 comments:

  1. Not sure if I'm posting a comment on the correct entry or not - but... as you go out - know we, your community 'family', is sending you out with a blessing!! And that Steve and I are praying for you each and every day you are gone!!! Have a great time, learn more about yourself and the Lord, and we will enjoy the journey virtually with you!!!! Take care!!!t.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much, I am going to miss all of you!

    ReplyDelete